Friday, May 11, 2018

Chemistry - Week 1 Bio

Hello,

I'm Emily. I'm a San Francisco native. I was going to school for court reporting right after high school, but decided after a few years that it did not fit into my personality. I felt like if I continued, I wouldn't get a chance to grow into the kind of person I'd like to be, so I scrapped the idea and started my aimless, bumbling journey to "find myself". I started with just working whatever jobs I could get until I kept getting sick, injured, and/or break down. After it became a bad cycle of panicking and quitting my jobs sooner and sooner, I became a caregiver knowing I wouldn't quit if I were taking care of someone (rather than a corporation). It was a wonderful and short run. Two years into it, I lost my friend. Around that time, I started learning more about myself and how to trust my intuition. I decided after she passed, it was time to give myself time to heal from past traumas and really get to know myself. From that point on, I used whatever helpful hints that trickled into my little world that felt true and tested them out to see what really worked for me. I learned a lot, but it always feels so little in the grand scheme of things. I can't describe what exactly I learned very well. It just feels like subtle ether to me.

Anyway, in all that time, I had become increasingly reluctant to leave the house and be around people. I did not want to go outside unless I was getting groceries. It was partly why I ended up quitting my retail jobs. It took about 4 years to start trying to venture out a little and socialize minimally and try working again. I picked and delivered groceries until I began breaking down again and so did my car. It took at least another year for me to feel like I could try again. I then worked very hard for almost two years before I knew I was physically breaking myself and I had to stop again. The search for another job made me feel like I just didn't fit anywhere in this world.

This is the point where my mom had a talk with me. She told me she has thought about it for a long time and she knew I couldn't do what everyone else does and be happy and healthy. She said I should go back to her clinic and continue practicing the auricular therapy she taught me. I gave it some thought and told her I would just want to know more after a while. I didn't have the foundation to understand more or the certification to practice anything other than auricular therapy, so I thought I should get that done first so... and here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment